Friday, October 17, 2014

Clifton, VA Car Show 2014


I don't usually take my car to car shows because it's not really in show car condition, but I do try and make it to at least one local show a year. It's a fun mom and son activity my 11-year-old and I do together. He's very proud of "his" car and loves showing it off, and checking out all the other classic cars.

This year we went to a show we've wanted to go to for a while in historic Clifton, VA, and I was shocked when we drove up and saw another Mustang II! The first one I have ever seen at a show in this area (Northern VA). Even more crazy it was a 1977 coupe just like mine, only his was a modified car.

We parked beside each other (I'm so mad at myself for forgetting to take pictures!) and it was so funny to watch how spectators would do a double take because not only was there a Mustang II at the show (a rarity) but there were two of them!

It was crazy hot that day, so we spent a lot of time in the shade watching people go by. Our Mustang II always generates a lot of comments, mostly positive, and some friendly debate among spectators. Overall it was an awesome show and we'd love to go again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment