Monday, March 31, 2014

Finally, back on the road!

In late January I sent the car out for engine & brake work. A friend recommended a shop in Springfield, VA, with classic car experience. Since my car wasn't running, and the shop was about 30 minutes away, I had her towed.

My husband laughs at me because I get so nervous whenever I have to leave my baby at a shop (or have it towed). I am a wreck the whole time! Am I the only one irrationally attached to my car this way?

The good news is that I got my II back from the shop a little over a week later and she runs (& brakes) awesome! Yay! We are officially back on the road!! And just in time for spring!

Last weekend we had friends over and I took them for a cruise around town. It was so much fun!

Now that she's running again, I have a list of projects I want to complete this summer, including replacing one of the seat adjustment knobs; restoring/replacing the air intake hose, which droops; replacing the in-dash speaker (this one's been on the list forever), and some other minor repairs.

But mostly I'm just looking forward to more driving!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment